James Bond and Catherine Tate’s Nan join forces for Comic Relief
Comic Relief is bringing two beloved characters together – James Bond and Catherine Tate’s Nan for a special sketch for Comic Relief’s big night of TV.
Nan had a right old time meeting Bond. What a smashing fella!
— Catherine Tate
In this exclusive sketch, Britain’s best loved OAP Nan has spurned retirement and taken up a part time job as a cleaner. Whilst cleaning the office of the head of the Secret Intelligence Service – aka ‘M’, she finds herself face to face with 007 as he suddenly appears on screen for his security briefing.
The world’s most famous spy is quickly caught up in a line of questioning he has never experienced before – but will the foul mouth senior citizen leave James Bond shaken and stirred?
Catherine Tate says: “Nan had a right old time meeting Bond. What a smashing fella! As ever, it was great fun filming this Comic Relief sketch, huge thanks to Daniel and all the Bond team for being such great sports. I hope it raises lots of money on the night.”
The special sketch is part of an epic three-hour comedy special, entertaining the nation with hilarious sketches, live performances, big surprises and stunning music acts; in a celebration to raise much-needed cash for good causes at home and around the world.
Viewers can tune in to see the outcome of this dynamic union as part of a very special evening of unmissable television as Comic Relief’s night of TV is set to broadcast live on BBC One on Friday from 7pm.
The money raised by Red Nose Day will support people in the UK and around the world, and help tackle hunger, homelessness, domestic abuse and mental health stigma.
For more information visit bbc.co.uk/rednoseday
About Red Nose Day 2021
- Red Nose Day is back on Friday 19 March 2021 and will aim to bring the UK together to show just how powerful humour can be through the toughest of times
- The theme of this year’s Red Nose Day is Funny is Power – this campaign is all about empowering people to do good through humour, fun, and laughter. We want to show how funny can be so much more than we think, and how even the smallest action can have an impact when we are all united as a force for good
- It has never felt more important to raise smiles and money for those who are struggling more than ever, as the continued impact of COVID-19 brings unprecedented challenges to many.
- The money raised by Red Nose Day will support people in the UK and around the world, and help tackle hunger, homelessness, domestic abuse and mental health stigma
- Visit https://www.comicrelief.com/rednoseday or follow @ComicRelief on social media for the latest Red Nose Day content, news and information
- Red Nose Day is an initiative of Comic Relief